Sunday, October 31, 2010

It's officially Fall in Nor-Cal

It's been a couple of weeks since we had any sunshine on a weekend day. Today, we got a little of both. This morning was filtered sun, followed by some lovely brilliant sun, with passing clouds, and now as the day draws to a close, the clouds are coming back in. I wonder what tomorrow will bring? I'd love to start the day with a bright, sunny day!

With the coming of Fall, I don't get to spend nearly as much time with my favorite girl. The days end a lot quicker, and daylight savings time is only a week away to compound that problem, and there are fewer ideal days to spend with Willow on the weekends. This is going to get a little difficult...I'm not sure how to work around it all...I think I'll be doing various horsey chores during my lunch break.
I caught Willow in the middle of making a turn here in case you think she looks all out of whack...she kind of should! I'm in the market for a new camera...she doesn't like the way this one sounds. Well...and after a few thousand miles, and being dropped I don't know how many times, it actually is beginning to need to be replaced. I don't know which Nikon the next one will be, but it will be a Nikon. I can attest to their ability to withstand (AB)use! Yes, I confess...my camera is abused...mostly because I'm a klutz.

Here's my other big news...
Yes, indeed! That's a full dozen eggs from the happy chickens here at Huevos Rancheria. Looking from left to right, you might notice that the eggs appear to be two different colors. I'm about to turn cart-wheels here... That's a sure sign at least one, if not both of the Silver Cuckoo Marans are laying again after quite the hiatus. Both of them got broody...it got really hot...this and that... For the longest time we've been getting a single egg, now and then. We're finally starting to get at least an egg a day again. For having 3 hens out there...at least an egg a day is the minimum I should be seeing! LOL! This is the first full dozen I've seen in months! I confess... I used 4 promptly...but it was worth it! Poached "store" eggs just aren't the same as poached "Girly" eggs! Now I'm going to switch over to the other blog and work on ravioli made with homemade pasta!

3 comments:

  1. I love eggs! I love how yummy they are, how you can do just about anything with them, and that they don't kill the chicken that laid them! They are the perfect food! Yours look very pretty. Glad to hear you enjoy them too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great blog! Beautiful eggs--I want some chickens next year. No word on Iron Foodie, so I assume I am out. Are you in? If so, good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh how i love ur blog and those kittens and evrything else dats sooo cute!!!
    How are thy now?

    Oh we used to have lods of hens @my orev residence and growin up years and had lods of these lovely eggs too:-)

    ReplyDelete