Monday, August 16, 2010

Moving Along...


I don't know what kind of training Willow has had. I saw a video clip of Tawnee riding her, testing her out...but it was short and kind of choppy. So, I know she's been under saddle successfully. Tawnee told me she used a Tom Thumb snaffle. Ok. I chose an O-ring snaffle instead. I'm still having some problems finding her "go" button. *Ü* "Whoa" is definitely her stop button, verbal, and by rein. She does pretty well with "back", now it's the steering that needs some work. I think it's time to crack the books again.

I do know Willow wants to please. She accepted her bridle willingly, and was patient with me while I worked out all my own kinks. We did big circles and little circles, in both directions, we did forward and back...and we did more circles in the opposite direction, and figure eights. I even laid across her back and tried to find a way to get up on her bare back. I'm getting too old for that! LOL! It's a lot harder to mount bare back than it used to be! Next time...we go for the saddle!

No comments:

Post a Comment