Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Willow has been with us about 3 weeks now. She's pretty well settled in, and knows and respects the boundaries.

It's somewhat incredible the way she respects personal boundaries... Bruce has a garden tool area and a potting table that shares her space. We also have a small wrought iron table and fire pit out there (all curved edges), close up to the house. She doesn't go up there...except to nibble a few bites of grass. If her hay blows up there, she waits for one of us to pull it away. And she certainly doesn't mess with the planting table at all! What a good girl she is!

Actually, Willow is so well behaved, I'm not sure how I got so lucky to have discovered her! So far we've had lots of evening grooming sessions with a wonderful rubber curry tool from Oster. I love it and Willow seems to as well! All the loose hairs get stirred up and it doesn't hurt her in the least. She feels like she gets a good massage out of the deal! Then we strip off the old dead hairs and smooth things out with a big ol' dandy brush. We finally got all the Mustang Dreadlocks out of her mane...next...The TAIL. *grin*

One thing Miss Willow still doesn't care for is being sprayed for flies. She'll stand for it if I make her, but I usually try to get her to want it. She knows she appreciates that they stop biting, but she really doesn't like the spraying part. Therefore, the writing is on the wall that she isn't much going to care for something with as much spraying activity as a b-a-t-h. I may ask one of my friends if I can watch them bathe their horse... Ok...I've never bathed a horse. Ever. But we'll talk about my experience level....another time. Ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment