Saturday, February 5, 2011

First Breath of Spring

Sometimes it's nice to be in California. We get the first breath of Spring as early as the first week of February...like today. It breaks my heart for the sake of friends across the US who are tired, tired, tired of snow...it was 72° outside today. Needless to say, it was a good day to be outside.

We moved Willow back to the south paddock today. It was pretty breezy, and she got a little spooked by some of the moving things, but she held it together very well, and trusted me. I didn't put her halter on for the short walk, but fashioned a quick halter from her lead rope. I have to admit I doubted my decision somewhat at one or two of those "spooky" moments, but she responded well to my voice, and we stopped so she could see what was frightening her. She needs more experience on the lead around the property. She's liable to be a handful out riding. We need to get past that.

We also planted snow peas today. They're under a wire A frame, covered in plastic to help them get off to a good start. Bruce has tomatoes that are getting big enough to go outside...if I'm brave enough! LOL! I'm thinking the greenhouse for a couple of weeks maybe. The weather could stay like this, or similar, but...it could also get downright cold again for a few more weeks. It's always hard to say. Tomatoes could be protected enough if we pay attention. It's a thought... *Ü* I saw a blossom on the strawberries today. That's another little sign... *Ü* Where's my asparagus??

No comments:

Post a Comment