Friday, July 16, 2010

A little help from Above...


Sometimes God speaks to us in the most unusual ways...

I've honestly wondered if I was being selfish, wanting a horse so much at my age. Pushing so hard... I chose to adopt because it made sense, and once I found out about all the poor horses that are abandoned, or need to be surrendered, my decision was made. Still, it's cost a little to get ready - is that money I should use for something else? And then God answered my question...by sending me a Church youth group to help me get the worst of my problems hauled away, with "many hands" to "make work light."

After just 2 hours of help from this fabulous crew, we had a much safer, infinitely cleaner place to house our adoptee! What wonderful people!! They didn't know us at all, but understood our plight, and willingly gave of their time and efforts to lend us a hand! God touched our lives with so many hands this day; we are so truly blessed! Good grief...look at the trailer-load that left!
Yes, God sends messages at times when we aren't even asking. When Tawnee took Olive-Willow back to the rescue, I knew it was the right thing, but I hadn't even gotten to the "what now" part before a solution came to me. That was God moving. That was God telling me it was ok...and He was going to help me get my horse home!

Thank you, Father God! I truly appreciate your help, and the help of these wonderful folks who came out and helped us! Cold melon and lemonade all around!

No comments:

Post a Comment