Friday, July 2, 2010

Life Lessons


Wednesday was our anticipated delivery day...but that's not the way things worked out. We simply weren't ready to take her yet. I respect Tawnee immensely for her decision.

I'm human...it took a minute to walk off my tears. Disappointment. Frustration. A little anger. While I was walking, I was also looking.

Sometimes we need to see things through someone else's eyes to really have Perspective. Sometimes we see things so often for so long we stop seeing those things at all. They blend into the scenery. It takes someone else pointing out - hey...there's a tiller over there...that really shouldn't be in here! Oh yeah...that's "still" in here! We didn't get it out of here "yet??" What's that I'm tripping on? Tripping on...not good, for one...BARBED WIRE?? Even worse. Good grief. What's that doing in here at all??? Hmmm....that coil of geo-flow shouldn't be in here either...and I think we should maybe move the...oh my. We've still got so far to go. *sigh*

So...Olive-Willow went back to the Rescue for now. It's the right thing, even if it stings my heart. I wouldn't want her to get hurt, and that's what they're looking out for.

Wait...there's a Rainbow and a Blessing yet to come! Before I could even formulate a prayer for help...(partially because I've considered buying a horse, even adopting, a semi-selfish act on my part, and I've wondered if I was being inconsiderate in doing so)...an opportunity to receive a blessing in the form of help from a church youth group came to us. We have no affiliation with the church offering the help, but they'll be here next week with a trailer to help us get rid of some old junk that's just gotten shoved here and there...sadly back where we "don't see it!" I'm still pretty much floored by the whole thing!

Of course, it's kind of a blow to the ego to realize one actually needs help. Assessing our ages and physical abilities at this point in our lives has been quite an eye opener. We worked as hard as we could for several days in a row, on the hottest days of the year so far, and barely scratched the surface of what needed to be done. Granted, we gotten some really big things done, but there are equally big things left to be done. Ouch. No, seriously ouch. I know what my back and shoulders feel like after hefting corral panels and moving things, cutting back berry vines, clearing, cleaning up, and so on. Oy. Ouch.

Now, my heart is light...I feel I've gotten God's blessing on my under-taking, as well as NER's blessing. When blessings like this come from out of left field, before you even think to ask for help, Angels are on your side. So, we're doing our part: preparing the way so the harder parts are easier to achieve; making decisions about where to clear, where to clean, where to trim. Wednesday seems a long way away, but it isn't. We'll all be better off for the wait. We'll have achieved a safer place for her, and received a HUGE blessing in the process, the kids will have a chance to share their love of God with a couple who sure need an extra few pair of hands right now, and a certain horse will be closer to getting to her forever home.

No comments:

Post a Comment